OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is 100% the same risk in tidepool exhibits but those items for handling aren't puncture prone like live rock, that will reduce risk massively. The pathogens typically need an open wound vector

cuts on little hands or cuticle breaks are common in kids, that's a risk.

Just in my opinion/ haven't searched I think pet turtles and salmonella likelihood exceed marine risks and look at the countless handling of filthy turtles lol we are unlikely to align all factors for infection overall. If a tank was in a classroom I had we would not have open handling but we could rotate reef techs / trained for safe rock handling and access.

Great thread. People should have the choice in handling small percentage medical risk as they see fit, reefing is certainly not risk free its just safe enough to justify as we drive cars ride planes etc
Thanks for the input, agree and agreed! I have not had turtle as a pet, but I suppose there is a risk in every animal we bring into the house.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back