Petco online order ( 5 anthias )

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m not mistaken, the petco fish now come from segrest farms as opposed to quality marine. Either way, they don’t touch a petco system.
I did order a few fish from there recently (great prices) and was very presently surprised with how well they shipped and how healthy they arrived. Wouldn’t stop me from doing a full qt though.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish! I haven't had problems with ANY Petco fish (Approximately 20 or so over the years). I did have 5 pajamas from an LFS result in the death of 12 fish overall from ick. It's my own fault - but no sense in bashing Petco when fish from any shop not doing QT/copper/etc. can bring in disease.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I won't even buy a plastic shopping bag from Petco. Just my opinion....
Why would anyone buy a plastic bag at Petco?
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order Saturday for 5 small lyretail anthias from Petco. $120 shipped to my door after some nice discounts. They are shipped directly from Quality Marine. The box arrived at 4pm which isn't great but the fish all survived.

This is my second order from Petco. My first order during the summer was DOA due to long transit and not enough ice packets. I want to give them a second chance now that weather in Florida is cooler.

All 5 anthias look healthy with great color out of the bag. A quick 10 mins dip in hydroplex and they are added to acclimation box. I don't QT my fish. Please don't turn this into QT thread =P. I understand the risk.

I will keep this thread updated with how they do. I know I am playing Russian roulette here and in a week or two I may be in tears because they are all dead or caused my other fish to all die too.

I have a 200g tank with 6 lyretail anthias already and one is turning into a male.

1000003110-01.jpeg
Do you have the link to that acclimation box?

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cause they charge you for them now! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I would shop there from time to time and built up $15 in pet point credit. Accidentally grabbed the wrong item from the shelf and checked out using my points. I immediately realized the mistake and asked to swap it for the right item (same price) but because he wouldn't do an exchange and forced me to return, all $15 in points were forfeited. I didn't care about the bag policy because I try not to ever take bags from anywhere unless absolutely necessary. Petco is not gonna get me twice.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order Saturday for 5 small lyretail anthias from Petco. $120 shipped to my door after some nice discounts. They are shipped directly from Quality Marine. The box arrived at 4pm which isn't great but the fish all survived.

This is my second order from Petco. My first order during the summer was DOA due to long transit and not enough ice packets. I want to give them a second chance now that weather in Florida is cooler.

All 5 anthias look healthy with great color out of the bag. A quick 10 mins dip in hydroplex and they are added to acclimation box. I don't QT my fish. Please don't turn this into QT thread =P. I understand the risk.

I will keep this thread updated with how they do. I know I am playing Russian roulette here and in a week or two I may be in tears because they are all dead or caused my other fish to all die too.

I have a 200g tank with 6 lyretail anthias already and one is turning into a male.

1000003109-01.jpeg

1000003110-01.jpeg
Since when did petco ship from quality marine?!? Side track, that tank is beautiful! Has that copperband been bothering any of your LPS?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since when did petco ship from quality marine?!? Side track, that tank is beautiful! Has that copperband been bothering any of your LPS?
I get corals from there time to time! I get there when the delivery does and take them in the shipping bag! It’s all ora for the most part.

OP
OP
N

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m not mistaken, the petco fish now come from segrest farms as opposed to quality marine. Either way, they don’t touch a petco system.
I did order a few fish from there recently (great prices) and was very presently surprised with how well they shipped and how healthy they arrived. Wouldn’t stop me from doing a full qt though.
Mine showed they were from quality marine for both orders. Interesting that you getting them from segrest farms...

OP
OP
N

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read about it earlier this year so gave them a shot.

Copperband been doing great and leaves my LPS along. I won't add a clam though.

Old pic of my tank:
DSC_2544-01-01.jpeg

OP
OP
N

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or maybe where they are shipping to?
I am in Florida though so you would think they would ship from a supplier close to me vs shipping from California with quality marine. It looks like segrest farm is known for freshwater and not so much saltwater?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Florida though so you would think they would ship from a supplier close to me vs shipping from California with quality marine. It looks like segrest farm is known for freshwater and not so much saltwater?
That could be the case - maybe I read the name and didn’t see the fw part of it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back