OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Frtdrmrose7 I do have a question (if you're still talking to me now;)) .I noticed the blue tang flashing a little against the bottom of the tank, is that something that I should be concerned about or do you think it might be irritation from the infection healing?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Frtdrmrose7 I do have a question (if you're still talking to me now;)) .I noticed the blue tang flashing a little against the bottom of the tank, is that something that I should be concerned about or do you think it might be irritation from the infection healing?

How many doses of a Prazi have they been through? How long have they been in copper now? I don’t want to say just observe it and it gets out of hand.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many doses of a Prazi have they been through? How long have they been in copper now? I don’t want to say just observe it and it gets out of hand.
They've had two doses of prazi but I cut the blue tang's second dose short at about 3 hours because of the low o2 scare we had. I was waiting to start copper until the infection got better so none yet.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've had two doses of prazi but I cut the blue tang's second dose short at about 3 hours because of the low o2 scare we had. I was waiting to start copper until the infection got better so none yet.

Well then I would probably do a FW dip on him to check for flukes if none are present I would probably start raising copper. Unless they have visual markings that could be severely irritated I would err on the side of caution. What meds are currently in the water?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Were the two doses 5-7 days apart ?

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well then I would probably do a FW dip on him to check for flukes if none are present I would probably start raising copper. Unless they have visual markings that could be severely irritated I would err on the side of caution. What meds are currently in the water?
Were the two doses 5-7 days apart ?
They were 7 days apart. Currently there's furan 2 and api triple sulfa in the tank. Per ngoodermuth we're extending the abx beyond the 4 doses the instructions recommended because the infection was still present.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were 7 days apart. Currently there's furan 2 and api triple sulfa in the tank. Per ngoodermuth we're extending the abx beyond the 4 doses the instructions recommended because the infection was still present.

Ok, then to reduce a complex mix of meds do a FW dip just to make sure there are no flukes. There are Prazi resistant flukes going around. Did the flashing just start today?

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, then to reduce a complex mix of meds do a FW dip just to make sure there are no flukes. There are Prazi resistant flukes going around. Did the flashing just start today?
It did just start today, I saw it for the first time just before I posted it

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It did just start today, I saw it for the first time just before I posted it

Ok then yes I would check for flukes. The other plus is even if you don’t see flukes and he stops flashing after the dip then you’ll know it’s most likely a parasite and not just irritation.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok then yes I would check for flukes. The other plus is even if you don’t see flukes and he stops flashing after the dip then you’ll know it’s most likely a parasite and not just irritation.
I have a container of freshwater warming up right now

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to commend you on the ability to get 22 pages with 431 comments on a sick fish post. I suspect they will severely drop off now that you have openly supported the Packers though.
Hahaha, thank you!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 100 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back