Petco rescue, two tangs

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like good things ahead for the blue guy. Go Guy, Go:)

This following portion may just me being aggravated and ranting. Regardless if we like or don’t like the vendor, they should be held accountable.

First, they have a 30 day guarantee. They should be contacted to address the yellow tang.

After that I would push to speak to corporate. There cannot be a more well documented thread. If you get to the right people at the company, hopefully they are smart enough to see how this plays out in the public eye. This is not a thread I bought a fish and it died. This is a thread, here is my proof of purchase, here is a pix of the actual fish, here is a list of medications involved and the costs. Here is a list of my time and number of pages documenting the effort put into saving something that should hey never been sold as it was.

Maybe this is the thread that could start some change. Every change starts somewhere.

Done being agrevated, still looking for the banner for @Mjrenz . I am thinking PET MED, or TANG 911.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like good things ahead for the blue guy. Go Guy, Go:)

This following portion may just me being aggravated and ranting. Regardless if we like or don’t like the vendor, they should be held accountable.

First, they have a 30 day guarantee. They should be contacted to address the yellow tang.

After that I would push to speak to corporate. There cannot be a more well documented thread. If you get to the right people at the company, hopefully they are smart enough to see how this plays out in the public eye. This is not a thread I bought a fish and it died. This is a thread, here is my proof of purchase, here is a pix of the actual fish, here is a list of medications involved and the costs. Here is a list of my time and number of pages documenting the effort put into saving something that should hey never been sold as it was.

Maybe this is the thread that could start some change. Every change starts somewhere.

Done being agrevated, still looking for the banner for @Mjrenz . I am thinking PET MED, or TANG 911.
They did tell me there's no guarantee on saltwater fish, only freshwater. I will probably see what I can get through to them;)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did tell me there's no guarantee on saltwater fish, only freshwater. I will probably see what I can get through to them;)

Ah, just saw it saw marine fish ordered on petco.com, nothing about.a store guarantee.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#mods we would like to petition for a new title for our friend @Mjrenz.

Summary:
He bought two near death Tangs from Petco in awful shape to try to save them. Lost the yellow after a huge struggle to save it. He is fighting the good fight to save the the other and it is starting to look like she might be turning the corner. We think if anyone is deserving of a title other than valuable member this might be it, because what he is doing in my opinion exemplifies what our little community of fish lovers is all about.

Tom

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Summary:
He bought two near death Tangs from Petco in awful shape to try to save them. Lost the yellow after a huge struggle to save it. He is fighting the good fight to save the the other and it is starting to look like she might be turning the corner. We think if anyone is deserving of a title other than valuable member this might be it, because what he is doing in my opinion exemplifies what our little community of fish lovers is all about.

Tom
He deserves this.:)

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Summary:

Tom
If I can learn enough from this to save Baby Dory and just help someone else save at least one more fish, then that's enough reward for me:)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cat keeper at the Louisville zoo? I live in southern Indiana and frequent the Louisville Zoo, at least twice a month. Huge fan of the new tiger exhibit. Wish they would get the saltwater display up and running.

Me too!! The governor and mayor have had major cut backs trying to save the teacher pension fund the state squandered.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is our miracle tang she's looking great!

My wife just found out something interesting about the tangs today from the person in charge of of the aquatics department at petco, she was off the day we got them and was going to euthanize both of them the following day because of how bad they were.

20190507_171819.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is our miracle tang she's looking great!

My wife just found out something interesting about the tangs today from the person in charge of of the aquatics department at petco, she was off the day we got them and was going to euthanize both of them the following day because of how bad they were.

20190507_171819.jpg

Pretty sad. Uneducated and ignorant, yet in charge of their care. Informing them that at least one made it wouldn't change any policy or practices there. Just sad.

Blue looks awesome! Saw the video of her swimming and eating. She's much happier!

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sad. Uneducated and ignorant, yet in charge of their care. Informing them that at least one made it wouldn't change any policy or practices there. Just sad.

Blue looks awesome! Saw the video of her swimming and eating. She's much happier!
At least she was willing to do something besides letting them suffer. She told my wife that another employee there was supposed to be treating them (and the only treatment they're allowed to do is freshwater dips) but didn't do it while she was off

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just checking in to see how baby is doing. She looks great!! I’ll be so happy to see her in the new tank[emoji4]

p.s..I’m so thankful for all the care you and your wife have put into her care[emoji4]

p.s.s..also very thankful for all the kind people on this thread. Gives me hope in mankind!

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up late this late this morning and only had time to do a quick well fish checkup. She's still looking great! I've been changing out 5 gallons each day to keep the ammonia in check and it seems to be working. I'll make sure to get some pics when I get home

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up late this late this morning and only had time to do a quick well fish checkup. She's still looking great! I've been changing out 5 gallons each day to keep the ammonia in check and it seems to be working. I'll make sure to get some pics when I get home

Are we into just observation QT currently, or what is her next step in medication?

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we into just observation QT currently, or what is her next step in medication?
She hasn't been through copper yet, I think we're waiting to see if she still needs antibiotics after she's done with the methelyne blue, two more days will be 10 days. This is a good question @ngoodermuth, what should I be doing after the MB?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here she is tonight, I went ahead and changed out 10 gallons before her meds this time to get ahead of the ammonia. I swear I'm not posting the same pic over and over, that's her favorite pipe to hide in lol

20190508_203107.jpg

She looks so much better!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back