Petco rescue, two tangs

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really think she is on her way to a full recovery!

I didn't get to tell you, congratulations on the excellence award! Well deserved.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually saw a little blue tang and a huge purple that looked nearly as bad as Baby Dory at my LFS and thought of you. The entire middle system had obvious signs of velvet and there was sign stating that system had been lowered to 1.020... it was enough to turn your stomach.

There’s probably 30-50 fish in that system, and at least half were hanging at the surface with their gills flared, scratching incessantly, or so pale they were almost pastel.

This is why we have to QT and can’t get away from using all of these medications. I wish I’d taken some video while I was there...

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually saw a little blue tang and a huge purple that looked nearly as bad as Baby Dory at my LFS and thought of you. The entire middle system had obvious signs of velvet and there was sign stating that system had been lowered to 1.020... it was enough to turn your stomach.

There’s probably 30-50 fish in that system, and at least half were hanging at the surface with their gills flared, scratching incessantly, or so pale they were almost pastel.

This is why we have to QT and can’t get away from using all of these medications. I wish I’d taken some video while I was there...
I guess if someone gets lucky for several years it would be hard to change their mind, until they end up with a major epidemic because they haven't qt'd.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to do a fallow period in my current dt after Baby Dory is in her new home. This experience has taught me the importance of it

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's still doing great today! And now she's barking too lol

Can’t wait to see her in a tank with some buddies to hang with. She will definitely be the “golden child”. [emoji4]

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Comparison photos, April 12 and today

20190412_183504.jpg

20190511_110914.jpg

zoaplug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped by petco and couldn't let these two fish die without a fighting chance, from all the reading I've done on here it looks to me like they have advanced HLLE. My question is; should I treat for possible bacterial infections or just use vitamins, nutritious foods, and frequent water changes while in qt? @Frtdrmrose7 @HotRocks @ngoodermuth @4FordFamily

20190412_183504.jpg

20190412_183520.jpg
Mjrenz you are a true cobber, saving those sad tangs petco treats there animals the worst!

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

• I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

• I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

• I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back