OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth, would the part I have circled be evidence of flukes? I was just wondering for future reference

Screenshot_20190511-144349_Photo Editor.jpg

aurora.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should bring those pics into Petco or send to corporate. Show them the difference between care & neglect

+1

I always refuse to buy anything at petco because I hate to perpetuate the problem, but I applaud you for saving these fish! I definitely agree with Dolelo96 that you should send these to corporate. Their saltwater fish tanks are always so sad.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ngoodermuth, would the part I have circled be evidence of flukes? I was just wondering for future reference

Screenshot_20190511-144349_Photo Editor.jpg

Could be, yes. Most common symptoms of flukes are yawning/head shaking, scratching- particularly targeting the gill area, twitching, and in severe cases - tattered fins.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually saw a little blue tang and a huge purple that looked nearly as bad as Baby Dory at my LFS and thought of you. The entire middle system had obvious signs of velvet and there was sign stating that system had been lowered to 1.020... it was enough to turn your stomach.

There’s probably 30-50 fish in that system, and at least half were hanging at the surface with their gills flared, scratching incessantly, or so pale they were almost pastel.

This is why we have to QT and can’t get away from using all of these medications. I wish I’d taken some video while I was there...

You should have dropped some meds in casually as you walked by

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone for helping me through this and offering encouragement! I still have some starter cultures of Grindal Worms if anyone wants any

That come with or without the coleslaw? ;Nailbiting

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back