Petco rescue, two tangs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mjrenz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
@ngoodermuth, would the part I have circled be evidence of flukes? I was just wondering for future reference

Screenshot_20190511-144349_Photo Editor.jpg
 
You should bring those pics into Petco or send to corporate. Show them the difference between care & neglect

+1

I always refuse to buy anything at petco because I hate to perpetuate the problem, but I applaud you for saving these fish! I definitely agree with Dolelo96 that you should send these to corporate. Their saltwater fish tanks are always so sad.
 
@ngoodermuth, would the part I have circled be evidence of flukes? I was just wondering for future reference

Screenshot_20190511-144349_Photo Editor.jpg

Could be, yes. Most common symptoms of flukes are yawning/head shaking, scratching- particularly targeting the gill area, twitching, and in severe cases - tattered fins.
 
Could be, yes. Most common symptoms of flukes are yawning/head shaking, scratching- particularly targeting the gill area, twitching, and in severe cases - tattered fins.
Thank you
 
You should do before and after pics side by side.
I'll try to figure out how to do that, I got lucky by figuring out how to circle something on my phone lol
 
I actually saw a little blue tang and a huge purple that looked nearly as bad as Baby Dory at my LFS and thought of you. The entire middle system had obvious signs of velvet and there was sign stating that system had been lowered to 1.020... it was enough to turn your stomach.

There’s probably 30-50 fish in that system, and at least half were hanging at the surface with their gills flared, scratching incessantly, or so pale they were almost pastel.

This is why we have to QT and can’t get away from using all of these medications. I wish I’d taken some video while I was there...

You should have dropped some meds in casually as you walked by
 
Thank you to everyone for helping me through this and offering encouragement! I still have some starter cultures of Grindal Worms if anyone wants any

That come with or without the coleslaw? ;Nailbiting
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new