pH Probe 7070.110 and Smartcontroller 7000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I'm having trouble getting a reading from my Tunze PH probe with the Smartcontroller7000.

Since installing it he only reading I get is 0. It probably isn't calibrated correctly yet but even so I would have expected it to fluctuate and not read exactly zero over a 24 hour period.

Is there something I haven't done or that I should check? So far I have removed the plastic end cap that came on the probe, restarted the smartcontroller and checked to make sure the probe is plugged in to the unit correctly.

Thanks

Shane

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suspicion would be something is wrong on the controller end as even a bad probe or bad connection would give something other than zero. Are you sure the pH control function is switched on?

OP
OP
Punchanello

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, although it doesn't seem to matter if it's on or off it still reads zero. The funny thing is that when I switch it to mV it actually shows the mV value on the screen of the head unit. When it's switched to pH It doesn't show a value at all.

I've updated the software to the latest version, switched the unit on and off, performed a reset and still won't work. Otherwise the unit is brilliant.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, FWIW, it will get a circuit board update in a few months and when that happens it will be a complimentary upgrade. Having had this unit since it came out, even if you break the conector or have a bad probe, you will get a reading that is wrong, but not 0.0, I would contact Tunze Australia about exchanging it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back