pH question

I agree and my guess on the size was off as well.

The light will not be strong enough for coral as well.

Would you consider something like a 20 gallon long? Petco often runs $1 per gallon. It would open several doors for you to be honest.
I probably will be buying a bigger tank I'm discussing this with my family currently
 
When setting up my tank, I had to add buffer for about four mouths before mine stabilized on it's own to 8.3
 
I probably will be buying a bigger tank I'm discussing this with my family currently
I probably will be buying a bigger tank I'm discussing this with my family currently

MayteAnahi

You and your future coral and fishes will be happy after the tank is ready.

Honestly try a 20 gallon long or a 40-gallon breeder with an AquaClear 30 or 50 depending on which one you get. A 40 breeder is one of my favorite off the shelf tanks but a 20 long is good too. :)
 
I agree with Captain Quint, go for a 40 gallon breeder. A 3 gallon saltwater tank is, counter-intuitively, more for an expert than a beginner as it will be very difficult to keep stable, etc. And you 3 gallon will make a great freshwater Beta tank!
 
My PH is 7 before the lights come on and 8.4 when they go off. Everything is living. Inverts, shrimp, clowns, Duncan, acro and Acan in the tank
That's an awful wide swing my tanks average 8.15 - 8.3 daily
 
That's an awful wide swing my tanks average 8.15 - 8.3 daily
I thought so too. Test is bright yellow in AM and dark purple in PM

But, everything is happy???
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new