pH question

TSSagraves

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Raleigh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cycling my first tank and the pH is about 7.5. Is it normal for it to be this low before there’s anything in it?
 
I wouldn't worry about it. Once cycled get some surface agitation going or a skimmer. It'll help a lot.
 
Could just point a powerhead upward now to increase the surface agitation. I keep mine a third of the way down and pointed slightly upward
 
Is this with saltwater? pH is determined by alkalinity and carbon dioxide. If that pH is correct, you have a very large carbon dioxide problem in your house. How are you measuring pH?


Oh, and I see you're new, so WELCOME to R2R! #WelcometoR2R
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new