Phone Video Experiment 325 Display

Dog Boy Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think I can get a You tube video to work now. Here is a recent video of my 325 display. [video=youtube;lJ0toB6hfXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ0toB6hfXE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

OP
OP
Dog Boy Dave

Dog Boy Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No he does not nip. He bites about a quarter of an inch off at a time. He also moves frags as do many of the others. Big tank, big corals. he grew up in the tank with the corals and didnt bother them when he was small and in his juvenile phase. As he grew and became much more aggressive the corals have been able to keep up. He is a great pet but i wouldnt recomend an Emeperator in anything but the largest tank.

[video=youtube;LSpQU3Eh1Ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSpQU3Eh1Ic&feature=g-upl&context=G2439dd4AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dog Boy Dave

Dog Boy Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont know if the default for those videos is HD but they both can be set to display that way. The second video is some of my Golden Angel. hard to photograph. I think he sees the range finder pulse from the camera and hides when i get it out.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is awesome! It looks so deep! What are the dimensions?

OP
OP
Dog Boy Dave

Dog Boy Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 60 inches wide by 27 inches deep by 48 inches front to rear. The big stag in the middle is close to 3 feet accross.

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen this tank in person, it is absolutely astounding. Could not find the main threat for this tank if there is one, maybe someone could direct me.

Anyways I went over to Dave's last night and checked out his tanks. They are the most natural looking reef I have seen anywhere thus far. Corals growing on corals, competing, adapting, and for the most part THRIVING. He has a literally uncountable amount of species of coral, all sps. His fish are very old for what we consider old (im talking 5-10 years! for some of them!). It looks like Dave stole 325 gallons of coral/rock/water/fish from off a reef in the wild and plopped it in his living room! His frags are absolutely gorgeous. As a new comer to this hobby I am proud to say I am reinvigorated with interest (if I wasn't already addicted ha ha) after seeing this tank. This gives me a goal to work toward as a hobbyist myself and being as young as I am (24) I have to say he has quite an accomplishment growing in his living room. Just thought I'd give my respects and 2 cents about the tank in the video above.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one SEXY looking piece of ocean.

I can't believe that there are so many different species of SPS.

I might have to transition from LPS to an SPS tank.

Good job.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

OP
OP
Dog Boy Dave

Dog Boy Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated Video with full LED after 60 days

Well it seems that I have finally gotten my phone to download an HD video straight to You-tube. Lets see if i can get it linked here. This is a quick shot i tool earlier today so I could practice the up load thing. I will take some more of the system and try to get some decent video of the lights as well. Thanks for the Kind words. Eric, it was a pleasure to meet you in person the other night. Its fun to share the old system with someone with some understanding of the hobby.

[video=youtube;1nkFYKVbixM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nkFYKVbixM[/video]

This should be in HD but if not its probably worth turning it to that setting.

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you ever wish that you could have all of the fish that you've ever wanted in a reef tank? Yeah. This guy did too. Friggin' amazing.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back