phosban inside tank

nissanrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was changing my media in the reactor.. later noticed some of the media in my main tank.. wat should i do if anything

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would try to siphon it out.

i run the output of my media reactors through a filter sock for this reason.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah, i would go smaller. airline tubing would allow you to be very precise with what you pick up...or put your thumb over a larger hose to control the flow into it.

shapermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a little bit in your tanks you will be fine. I have had a little get sucked in to my system and I have no problems. it is just rust. if you can get some of it out that is good but if you dont get all of it out dont worry about it. I have lost about a tsp of it in to my system before. I did nothing and my system is doing great. still after a year.

OP
OP
N

nissanrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome... i was wondering how i was gona get it out cause it seems likeit wasnt ging to happen.. i took a turkey baster and got some of the rocks.. wat is a good sand vacuum

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome... i was wondering how i was gona get it out cause it seems likeit wasnt ging to happen.. i took a turkey baster and got some of the rocks.. wat is a good sand vacuum

6-10 feet of 3/8 hose that will work get the cheap one not the one with nylon in the inside

It will suck some sand but you put your finger on it and control it

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do i use a pump to power it

Nope just put one side of the hose in the tank and suck thru the other side and it will fall by gravity; but put your finger in the part thats in your tank to take control of the water entering

Or if you dont want to stick your mouth on the other side put the part that goes insdie the tank were your return is it will blow water thru the hose and make it fall by gravity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Syphoning.svg

Last edited:

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Siphon it out as mentioned. If the GFO hits any corals tissue it will burn it. If left in there for a long time it will re-release whatever it's absorbed. Not detrimental, but not worth it IMO.

OP
OP
N

nissanrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its gona be tough. those little media particles are everywhere... next time i am using a sock or that bag they give with media, tie it around the tube

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back