Phosphate Removal

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you saying that the Hanna is misleading me and should not be used. My sump has alot of those pineapple spong

No, strictly speaking, with just two tests and not testing against a standard you don't know which one is right. The link to Rish Ross' review of ICP tested against a known standard it can be off. I'm guessing you didn't take the water sample for ICP at the same time as you tested with your Hanna, so it's possible there was a change in the amount of PO4 in your system so it's possible the difference you're seeing is in part a function of time and biology, not a totally a difference in testers. A PO4 standard is available online and using it to test your Hanna would give you an idea of how accurate, or inaccurate it is.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen reviews on Phosphate E killing fish and corals. Is it possible they could have been using it wrong?
I can only say that when using it on three different sized systems, I never had an issue. 40g breeder, 55g, and 220g systems with large sumps. Added phosphate-e to the sump return so it got well mixed before heading to the display tank. it’s been a while, so I don’t recall the dosage, but I think I dosed at half the rate on the bottle each time. Taking things slow with additives usually works best for me.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back