Photo attachments

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. Not sure. I'm an android guy ;) try doing it on mobile browser instead of the app.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a user of the app myself. I've found it easier just to use a web browser whether on the phone or tablet.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Just got the newest iPhone and am trying to attach pics through the app. I don’t have an attachment button for photos. Thoughts?
When you are entering your reply, hit the + symbol on the left. That will let you select either the camera to take a picture, or the photo album to upload a previously taken photo.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running ios12 and have the media icon in the reply box that pops up.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EA796730-3E78-4115-895E-D854E6B29D53.png

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve found the iOS app to be buggy. Many times, as I am scrolling, UI elements end up floating above the content and obscuring it. I usually have to force-quit the app and relaunch it. I’m an iOS developer, and it appears that the app is made with a cross-platform technology rather than being a native app, which isn’t easy for me to diagnose issues with since I’ve never developed with a cross-platform technology.

I find that if I rotate my device when UI issues arise, they are sometimes fixed. Have you given that a try?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my understanding the app is an adaptation or derivative (if that's the correct word to use) of Tapatalk. I'm not tech savvy so that may be what you're referring to when you say cross-platform. Then again, it may not be...lol.

Bottom line for me is I've never had much luck with TT or the app.

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my understanding the app is an adaptation or derivative (if that's the correct word to use) of Tapatalk. I'm not tech savvy so that may be what you're referring to when you say cross-platform. Then again, it may not be.

When I say cross-platform, I’m referring to technologies that are typically derived from web technologies that allow apps to be built for Android and iOS, using a single codebase.

Typically, native apps for iOS are built using Xcode (development program) and Objective-C or Swift (languages), while Android apps are built using Android Studio (development program) and Java or Kotlin (languages).

Native apps are deployed to each platform, respectively, while cross-platform apps can be deployed to both platforms after being built with a single codebase. Native apps use the native platform’s technologies so that the app feels “at home” on the platform. Cross-platform apps typically have a feeling of being a website wrapped in a user interface that looks like it belongs on the native platform.

Some benefits of native apps are the ability to use native technology, such as location tracking, health tracking, etc. The downsides are that you need developers to build an Android app and developers to build an iOS app.

Some benefits of building a cross-platform app are the ability to have developers build a single app that can be deployed to both platforms. The downsides are that they usually don’t feel native and they don’t get full access to things like location tracking, health tracking, etc.

Sorry for the tangent. It’s hard for me to stop talking nerdy after I get started. Ha ha

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under your phone settings scroll down to the Reef2Reef app. Make sure you have the Camera access turned on and Read and Write enabled on the photo's.
You may need to restart your phone to see the changes right away. That may work for you.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back