Photon V2 plus ramping increments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So help me understand this. Just installed and set the schedule on my new lights. So, it takes the hourly program, and automatically breaks it into 10 smooth ramping points. Okay then. So if your ramping up or down you never get whatever set value for an hour because it’s always changing every 6 minutes. So if you set it at 10% at 1:00pm all channels, it starts ramping at 12:06pm to get to that 10% by 1:00pm. And then say you have 1:00pm Set to 20%. So it starts from 10% at 1:00pm and ramps to 20% by 2:00pm?? So you never get a full hour of a set intensity unless every hour is set to the same thing each hour because it’s either ramping up or down to the next hour.. Does it always work out that what ever you have the hour set for intensity wise, it always reaches that intensity at the beginning or end of the hour? Kind of confusing.

Last edited:

Kazumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights will reach the set intensity at the end of the hour. So if you want the intensity to be 20% at 1pm, set the intensity to 20% at noon.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of it as the sun, it increases intensity in the mornings & decreases in the evenings.
The light mimics the sun.

OP
OP
JCTReefer

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually what I meant was if you have it set at 10% at 12:00 pm and 20% at 1:00pm, then It will ramp early to reach that 10% by 12:00, and then since you have 1:00pm set to 20%, it will start ramping to that intensity beginning at 12:00pm to reach that 20% by 1:00pm. And right the opposite for ramping down. So at the end of the cycle if you want an hour of moonlight and say you have channel 3 set to 2%, you’ll never get and hour out of it. The light would be off way before the hour was up. Because the next hour is set to a zero value. Now if you wanted to get a full hour out of it, you would have to set the intensity the same for the next hour. And then it would start ramping to lights out after 12 Minutes or so when it reached that next hour. After watching the light for several hours last night, this was my conclusion. I also had to check back with through emails I had sent Logan. We didn’t go into depth on how things work really. I did run some scenarios by him and he responded promptly as usual.

Last edited:

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually what I meant was if you have it set at 10% at 12:00 pm and 20% at 1:00pm, then It will ramp early to reach that 10% by 12:00, and then since you have 1:00pm set to 20%, it will start ramping to that intensity beginning at 12:00pm to reach that 20% by 1:00pm. And right the opposite for ramping down. So at the end of the cycle if you want an hour of moonlight and say you have channel 3 set to 2%, you’ll never get and hour out of it. The light would be off way before the hour was up. Because the next hour is set to a zero value. Now if you wanted to get a full hour out of it, you would have to set the intensity the same for the next hour. And then it would start ramping to lights out after 12 Minutes or so when it reached that next hour. After watching the light for several hours last night, this was my conclusion. I also had to check back with through emails I had sent Logan. We didn’t go into depth on how things work really. I did run some scenarios by him and he responded promptly as usual.
That is correct

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Reefbreeders runs in six minute increments. Depending upon the size of the % change during the hour you can see the lights change at the six minute mark. The only way to keep a constant value for the hour is for the start hour and next hour to be the same. So 1:00PM @ 50% and 2:00PM @50%

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back