Phytoplankton keep sinking

Danh Ngo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
469
Reaction score
211
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a culture of phyto 2 days ago. Algeabarn phyto
Salinity: 1.019
Using Voss bottle rigid tube + airline, 6k5 floroucense light, f/2
Any idea? Should I increase the bubbles so phyoto dont settle down on the bottom?
 
I started a culture of phyto 2 days ago. Algeabarn phyto
Salinity: 1.019
Using Voss bottle rigid tube + airline, 6k5 floroucense light.
Any idea? Should I increase the bubbles so phyoto dont settle down on the bottom?
Yes, increase aeration.
 
Try to get it looking like a rolling boil, but not too crazy where its leaving foam on top. FWIW, the cultures they sell are live, but a mix of multiple phytos, this won't really remain that way. Likely one will overtake the rest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new