Phytoplankton

  • Thread starter Thread starter jweiner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jweiner

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2025
Messages
85
Reaction score
45
Location
Milwaukee
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 16 ounce bottle of Copepods to add to my newly cycled tank along with a 16 ounce bottle of live phytoplankton to use as food for the copepods. I was going to use like 1/2 ounce of the phytoplankton every other day or so. I got the bottles mixed up and accidentally poured all 16 ounces of the phytoplankton into my tank. I then realized my mistake and added the copepods. Will the 16 ounces of phytoplankton do any harm to my tank? I have the IM 15 gallon AIO cube tank.




 
I think you'll likely be just fine 🙂 This is nothing a big water change couldn't fix if you see super high nitrate and or phosphate from the phyto or from the phyto fertilizer they use to grow them. Either way, just watch your N&P.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new