Phytoplankton

  • Thread starter Thread starter jweiner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jweiner

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2025
Messages
85
Reaction score
45
Location
Milwaukee
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 16 ounce bottle of Copepods to add to my newly cycled tank along with a 16 ounce bottle of live phytoplankton to use as food for the copepods. I was going to use like 1/2 ounce of the phytoplankton every other day or so. I got the bottles mixed up and accidentally poured all 16 ounces of the phytoplankton into my tank. I then realized my mistake and added the copepods. Will the 16 ounces of phytoplankton do any harm to my tank? I have the IM 15 gallon AIO cube tank.




 
I think you'll likely be just fine 🙂 This is nothing a big water change couldn't fix if you see super high nitrate and or phosphate from the phyto or from the phyto fertilizer they use to grow them. Either way, just watch your N&P.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new