Pick my next fish or invert.

jbaird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small 20 gallon fish only tank at my wife's elementary school classroom. The kids absolutely love the fish. It's time to add something else. Currently there is 2 clownfish, a yellowtail damselfish, 2 snails, and 2 hermit crabs.

Give me suggestions as to what fish or invert we should add next. It needs to be fairly easy to keep and hardy, as the kids are trying to take an active part in feeding and keeping the tank.

I was thinking a sand sifting goby, but am open to anything. Something that kids love.

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id say your probably maxed out on fish. If you do add one id get something very small that does not require territory. If it was me I would add more a few more hermits and a few more snails. Emerald crab would be nice as well. Gotta have the proper clean up crew before you can really load up a system

Ghost25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish: Neon cleaner goby, yellow clown goby, Banggai cardinalfish, tailspot blenny
Inverts: conch snail or skunk cleaner shrimp

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small 20 gallon fish only tank at my wife's elementary school classroom. The kids absolutely love the fish. It's time to add something else. Currently there is 2 clownfish, a yellowtail damselfish, 2 snails, and 2 hermit crabs.

Give me suggestions as to what fish or invert we should add next. It needs to be fairly easy to keep and hardy, as the kids are trying to take an active part in feeding and keeping the tank.

I was thinking a sand sifting goby, but am open to anything. Something that kids love.

I bet the kids would love a cleaner shrimnp or a pistol shrimp+goby pair

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’d be fine with a goby since it will usually stay near the bottom. Also, a cleaner shrimp would be a good addition. Other options that can also be added: peppermint shrimp, sexy shrimp, a pistol shrimp to pair with the goby. And as for the snails and crabs, you can easily triple the amount of each if you desired

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bubble bee Shrimp
5E6EE452-2050-4F70-A8A6-94BA945C096B.jpeg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sexy shrimp.
They cool " shaking da butt " ha ha

Never had them so bo experience with them.
If remember correctly they can go in small tanks and eat usual things that a reef tank is fed.

But like anything,need do research first on anything you planning on buying.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200.gif
Mantis Shrimp,
Explain that most species need death to live... Then drop the mantis in the tank...Lol
Jokes

Back