Pico Experience

ReeferMan420

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2011
Messages
387
Reaction score
7
Location
South Calii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this cool little Pico in my office that will be coming home with me. Pretty minimal with a DIY light system and a nice HOB filter. I have a few corals in there with a pair of Bali Misbar Clowns. Fun lil fish to watch and look forward to making this a nice themed tank!

20170314_112554.jpg


20170314_112613.jpg


IMG_0431.JPG


Pico Week 2 Orphek LED.jpg


Pico week 3.jpg


Shrooms.jpg
 
I like it :) and no bad algae too! clean good pico
 
I have said on posts going back ten yrs I like uv on nanos, they're great cheats to have much like skimmers so many like. uv + pico reefs are very good combo, they burn out cyano and bits of floating algae that always want to anchor in a reef that's neat. any plankton they kill doesnt matter, my 100% water changes kills more anyway.

my reef is a small pico, I wish they made thumb sized arrays of UV like a little pond sterilizer setup
 
I have said on posts going back ten yrs I like uv on nanos, they're great cheats to have much like skimmers so many like. uv + pico reefs are very good combo, they burn out cyano and bits of floating algae that always want to anchor in a reef that's neat. any plankton they kill doesnt matter, my 100% water changes kills more anyway.

my reef is a small pico, I wish they made thumb sized arrays of UV like a little pond sterilizer setup


I agree. The UV is a pretty neat component on this HOB but I do agree with you that there should be some micro uv inserts to add on custom little builds. I do about a 50% WC a week but this has a nice media basket built in butt well that I have Chemipure and some ceramic pods for extra biological filtration
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new