##### Picture Entry: BC RAINDROP ON ROSES GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
July
@lynn.reef.nerd @BranchingHammer @Reefing102

Still about the same. Not doing much. Been trying to bring down Nitrates and they are finally in check. Finally saw some polyp extension yesterday.
IMG_3992.jpg

Obdoc63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
July
@lynn.reef.nerd @BranchingHammer @Reefing102

Still about the same. Not doing much. Been trying to bring down Nitrates and they are finally in check. Finally saw some polyp extension yesterday.
IMG_3992.jpg
yours looks like mine with the bare skeleton showing. I've been battling phosphates and nitrates and started dosing NoPox, which is helping but has lowered my pH

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BranchingHammer
@lynn.reef.nerd
@Reefing102

July entry

Had some RTN issues and finally made its way to this one, cut tips and looks like it’s healing up with some new growth tips, hoping for a turnaround.

Attachments

• IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5341.jpeg
    IMG_5341.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5347.png
    IMG_5347.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 52

CrunchyBananas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately mines toast after lots of instability in the new tank move. Had bad Dino’s, the alk spike, now getting over velvet and losing over half of my fish.

That’s how the hobby goes, it’s been fun! Some extremely impressive growth in some contestants!

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I have for July entries, let me know if anything is missing or wrong. It's been interesting to see how some frags have been mainly encrusting while others have blossomed out nicely.
22-Oct​
22-Nov​
22-Dec​
23-Jan​
23-Jan​
23-Feb​
23-Mar​
23-Apr​
23-May​
23-Jun​
23-Jul​
am3grossxxxxxxxxxx
Ancient Marinerxxxxxxxxxx
BetexxxxxxxxxMissingOUT
BranchingHammerxxxxxxxxxx
CaptPatrickxxxxxxxxxx
Chee-tomorphaxxxxxxxxOUTOUT
Chris SpauldingxxxxxxxxxMissing
chrisjj625xxxxxxOUTOUTOUTOUT
CrunchyBananasxxxxxxxMissingxOUT
Enchanted Reefsxxxxxxxxxx
Flux CapacitorxxxxxxxxOUTOUT
fowler279xxxxxxxxMissingx
Jason HiegerxxxxxxMissingOUTOUTOUT
jasper9xxxxMissingOUTOUTOUTOUTOUT
mackdavexxxxxxxxxx
Mattiejay6xxxxMissingxOUTOUTOUTOUT
Nburgxxxxxxxxxx
Obdoc63xxxxxxxxxx
PapaPat / Ober_ReefxxxxMissingxxxOUTOUT
prcardinal91xxxxxxxxxx
RedfoxtangxxxxxxMissingOUTOUTOUT
SamMulexxxxxxxMissingxx
WiskeyxxxxxxxxxMissingx
Zaven DxxxxxxxxxMissing
Lynn.reef.nerdxxxxxmissingOUTOUTOUTOUT

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yours looks like mine with the bare skeleton showing. I've been battling phosphates and nitrates and started dosing NoPox, which is helping but has lowered my pH
Yea it comes and goes. Does well for a while and then goes back to looking like this. Not really sure what the issue is. I started dosing Bacto Balance for nitrate and Phos and its done well at lowering the Nitrate and not totally killing Phos. Ph also doesnt seem to be impacted either. Of course my Ph isnt all that great either but floats between 7.8 and 8.1

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I posted this in the other thread regarding the FINAL SUBMISSION, but I will just paste it here.

" Everyone has their own final end date, which is exactly one year from the day you received the frag to normalize the growth across all the entries. So the last day to submit a photo entry would be the day you received it last year. You are more than welcome to post a pic a few days before that, but you might miss a millimeter of growth ;). So for example, if you received your frag on September 1st last year, the last day you can post this year is September 1st for your final entry. If you have any more questions, let us know! "

Hope that helps, and again if you have any questions or anything at all, reach out to me, @lynn.reef.nerd , and @Reefing102 !

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone! I posted this in the other thread regarding the FINAL SUBMISSION, but I will just paste it here.

" Everyone has their own final end date, which is exactly one year from the day you received the frag to normalize the growth across all the entries. So the last day to submit a photo entry would be the day you received it last year. You are more than welcome to post a pic a few days before that, but you might miss a millimeter of growth ;). So for example, if you received your frag on September 1st last year, the last day you can post this year is September 1st for your final entry. If you have any more questions, let us know! "

Hope that helps, and again if you have any questions or anything at all, reach out to me, @lynn.reef.nerd , and @Reefing102 !
Thanks again for rocking this grow out! Could not have gone this well without you!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for rocking this grow out! Could not have gone this well without you!
Of course, so glad to do it with @Reefing102 and @lynn.reef.nerd this time! Super great to work with you guys and it’s nice to have multiple people to fall back on because life does get in the way haha.

Thanks again Adam for doing these contests, we all love them!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back