Pin point cal moniter

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they work? Reviews seem good but I was thinking review are written within the first week of the buy I wanna no a little more then that. Also do the probs get a 10-12 month life atleast? Also how accurate are they if calibrated properly ever few months? I just see me testing alot more if It's a drop in and clean. Pluse I always hate test kits I alway double guess myself.

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used one. That being said, my conversations with people is that they are not reliable at all. It won't be more than a year and we should have Hanna handheld testers for all sorts of stuff, too. That's what I am holding out hope for anyway!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not one to post negative feedback on a product but I bought one of these over a year ago. It's all over the place. I can test my Ca with LaMotte, Salifert, and Elos and get 450ppm. With the pinpoint, I get 300ppm. I retry it after calibration and I get 340ppm. I used it for about a month and got so frustrated with it, that it now sits on the shelf. For the money, I would just stick with test kits. I would not rely on the Pinpoint Ca monitor for much of anything. They do make good products overall, but the Ca monitor is not one of them IMO.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back