Pink organism on glass

gia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’ve had my reef tank for about three months and yesterday I saw a pink rice size thing floating past me in the water. It looks like a piece off a torch coral tentacle for the cooor and thickness. But this morning, I noticed it has attached to my glass and Found a second one. I’ve attached a photo. It’s the pink rice size object just above my hammer.

You can see through it and it has a straight brown line inside. They haven’t moved at all and I’ve looked at them with my magnifying glass. No legs or antennas. There are however, very subtle indents on each side of one end. I’ve searched online for all pests and eggs but I can’t find anything on it. Anyone know what this is? Thanks.

630E900A-471D-4B0F-942D-3DF9EA204294.jpeg

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture isn't clear enough for an i.d. but based on your description ito sounds like a variety of flatworm. The line through the middle is the digestive tract. The indents on the sides of one end is likely the head end. A closer picture would be best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gia

gia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture isn't clear enough for an i.d. but based on your description ito sounds like a variety of flatworm. The line through the middle is the digestive tract. The indents on the sides of one end is likely the head end. A closer picture would be best.
I hope it’s not that! Now I can’t find them. Maybe they were eaten by my turbo snail since he was near them last night. If I see them again I’ll repost. Thank you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back