Pistol Shrimp and goby pair

FishDaddy1992

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tiger pistol shrimp that lost the yellow watchman when I brought them home several months ago. I am wanting to get a new goby for my shrimp. My shrimp is fully grown or very close to being fully grown. What other goby's can I put with the shrimp and what size does it need to be? MY LFS is telling me to stick to yellow watchman and that it needs to be fully grown as the shrimp might kill the smaller yellow watchman.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting response from LFS. Maybe I got lucky as I didn't think about it. When I got my juvenille YWG and what appreared to me to be fully grown Tiger Snapping Shrimp from a different source they bonded quickly and behaved as expected with no issues.

OP
OP
FishDaddy1992

FishDaddy1992

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting response from LFS. Maybe I got lucky as I didn't think about it. When I got my juvenille YWG and what appreared to me to be fully grown Tiger Snapping Shrimp from a different source they bonded quickly and behaved as expected with no issues.
Ya, I'm wondering about the size issue. I mean it can't be the first time two different sizes pair up. I would suspect this happens frequently in the wild but would have no idea.

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a tiger pistol shrimp in my tank and he paired up with my yasha goby in under an hour… craziest thing I’ve seen. And up until this point, the yasha never burrowed or lived in a hole, but as soon as the shrimp started digging he backed on in! Laying her listening to the shrimp pop every 20 minutes or so. Probably on high alert for his first night. Interesting creatures for sure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back