Pistol Shrimp Versus Anemone

IamPhins

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
Location
Charlotte
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a fan of the symbiants, so I have this glorious Anemone with its happy Clown Fish. Then I went and added a Pistol Shrimp with a Watchman Goby. From best I can tell, since all the action is happening under a slab of base live rock, the Pistolier seems to be ticking off the Anemone to the point it is compressing and its foothold on the glass seems to be shrinking.

I know it's an odd situation to be looking for anyone with experience with, but why not try right ? ? ?

Should I leave them alone and expect the Anemone to move ?

If I move one of them, which should it be ? I basically have 3 very large base rocks spaced about 6 inches apart from each other across the tank which I built up off of. Probably about 120 pounds of live rock total (coming to life anyway).
The shrimp immediately dug in under the closest rock to it when I added him to the tank, so I am not sure if he would do that on the other side or not.
The Anemone moved a couple of feet from where I originally put it, and I fully expect it to move to where IT wants (usually the back of the tank) if I were to try to move it.
Trying to move either will be a MAJOR effort involving removal of rock and corals which are on them (less effort for the anemone).

Any other ideas ?

90 Gallon
4" of CaribSea substrate (8 " where the pistol shrimp has piled it up around the base rock)


Thanks in advance !

Phins
 
For the time being, I'd leave them to do their own thing. It's life on the reef.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new