Pistol Shrimp Versus Anemone

IamPhins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a fan of the symbiants, so I have this glorious Anemone with its happy Clown Fish. Then I went and added a Pistol Shrimp with a Watchman Goby. From best I can tell, since all the action is happening under a slab of base live rock, the Pistolier seems to be ticking off the Anemone to the point it is compressing and its foothold on the glass seems to be shrinking.

I know it's an odd situation to be looking for anyone with experience with, but why not try right ? ? ?

Should I leave them alone and expect the Anemone to move ?

If I move one of them, which should it be ? I basically have 3 very large base rocks spaced about 6 inches apart from each other across the tank which I built up off of. Probably about 120 pounds of live rock total (coming to life anyway).
The shrimp immediately dug in under the closest rock to it when I added him to the tank, so I am not sure if he would do that on the other side or not.
The Anemone moved a couple of feet from where I originally put it, and I fully expect it to move to where IT wants (usually the back of the tank) if I were to try to move it.
Trying to move either will be a MAJOR effort involving removal of rock and corals which are on them (less effort for the anemone).

Any other ideas ?

90 Gallon
4" of CaribSea substrate (8 " where the pistol shrimp has piled it up around the base rock)

Thanks in advance !

Phins

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the time being, I'd leave them to do their own thing. It's life on the reef.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back