Pistol shrimp with 2 gobys???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arob21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Arob21

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2025
Messages
86
Reaction score
54
Location
Mason county
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair in my tank currently and I would like to add a orange spotted goby to hopefully join them. I know it's possible I just don't know if it works out often or if it's rare.
Also I have never once heard my pistol shrimp snap. Is this common? I see him all the time at his various construction sites and iv tried spot feeding him krill to see if he will snap at it but he never does. Maybe 3/4 acrylic is to thick to hear it?
Thanks

20250421_131624.jpg 20250419_132459.jpg
 
I've seen stores with multiple gobies in one tank with just a single pistol. They're just little boxes though idk how it would work out in an actual tank, it might be a bad idea.

Also, I've had 2 pistols in the last 6 years and they randomly go into little snapping fits for me where I can hear them from like 40ft away. I almost never had a night of silence.
 
the tank is beautiful, but the rockwork style offers no real caves or hiding spot for gobies, I would not add another in this tank, they will get into each others way.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new