Pitcom's 65gallon

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 65g, it was filled up ith water on July 3rd of this year. It's a new tank. I really making good progress. Its a refugium only tank with some pre filters i run now and then as you can see in the pic. I love all corals and am an addict. But then again who here isnt? I'm transffering the galaxea and torch from this tank to the new 24g nano im building so i can cram in more sps. That galaxea is the healthiest one i've ever seen but it demands too much space from the tank. I just finished designed my 300 g tank, 600g system. I hope to start construction on it after this winter when i redo the house.

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral on the right hand side is the one from those pics you saw. Actinic shot. I'll show a full tank actinic shot so you can see the differeces of the tank.

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup mang!! Watch out for that xenia too. That stuff spreads like weeds and will move in on your sps. It doesn't attack it or anything it just moves kinda like an anenomy would but just be advised. I started with 3 stalks about 6 months ago and I have over 20 now and it has grown on/over some blue zoa and green palys. It even grows on the glass!! Beautiful tank!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back