Pl-adin switch box not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA @Member No 1 @Ditto

So what I just tried is I took the thernet cable that is plugged into the ghl adin db9 / Ethernet conversion and I pressed it in and held it tight and I was able to trigger feed pause. So I have to firmly press the cable into the adapter and hold it.. lolol. That ain't gonna work

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA @Member No 1 @Ditto

So what I just tried is I took the thernet cable that is plugged into the ghl adin db9 / Ethernet conversion and I pressed it in and held it tight and I was able to trigger feed pause. So I have to firmly press the cable into the adapter and hold it.. lolol. That ain't gonna work
Well as crappy as that is, at least you were able to diagnose the issue!

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also while holding it in and switching one of them. Feed mode starts and it says switch active. If I switch it back off I'd think feed pause would cancel but it didn't. So I couldn't get it to cancel feed pause by flipping switch back off

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So skipping all the connectors and hooked the switches directly to the Ethernet cable it works.

One thing I noticed with a toggle switch if I flip the toggle switch to turn off skimmer (maintainance 4- 60 min).... And I finish cleaning the skimmer cup and stuff say in 15 min. I flip the switch back down and it stays off regardless for the entire 60 min time setting. I have to reflip the switch on cancel and turn on skimmer then down and it stays on.

Is this normal vinny?

Is there a way to flip on. And when I flip toggle down it cancels the maintenance mode

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So skipping all the connectors and hooked the switches directly to the Ethernet cable it works.

One thing I noticed with a toggle switch if I flip the toggle switch to turn off skimmer (maintainance 4- 60 min).... And I finish cleaning the skimmer cup and stuff say in 15 min. I flip the switch back down and it stays off regardless for the entire 60 min time setting. I have to reflip the switch on cancel and turn on skimmer then down and it stays on.

Is this normal vinny?

Is there a way to flip on. And when I flip toggle down it cancels the maintenance mode
Mike, I don't have the adin set up so I can't try. I would think by using the switch to "start" a maintenance event, it will run it's programmed course. Maybe program the skimmer outlet to be OFF if the switch is ON. So when you turn the switch OFF, the skimmer turns ON.

Set it up like in this post, but you would use your switch instead of the float.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is this normal vinny?

I have not worked with the kind of switch you're using. When the controller receives the command it triggers the assigned task or powerbar outlet. That task is either left to continue until the time limit expires or it is disabled through the touch keys, app or touch display.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I didn't ditto. I guess I can try that. There is only 2 analogs right? Actually that's all I would need. For skimmer and power for wc's
@Ditto analog doesn't do anything I just tried it. Doesn't trigger any activation. It's ok. I'll just flip switch up to turn stuff off. And then when I'm done early. I'll just flip switch on. Back off and on and it will reverse it

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, piggybacking on this thread as everyone is here if that’s ok.

I got my PL-ADIN and installed it. I got a push button, some wire, and an adapter and wired that together. I got a multimeter an (I think) can see that the button is working.

but when I plug it into the GHL connector nothing happens.

I have no idea how to test to see where the failure is. So it’s been sitting there a while.

How do I test the ADIN / GHL cable / Adapter?

Tony

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill comeback to you when I´m at home - working just now. Can you send a picture of your set up and your break out box.

Saw this thread just now

Sincerely Lasse

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael and I got the switch box figured out, by the way. Their wiring diagram i correct. I have a document that explains how to use this, @Tristren send me your email and I’ll forward it to you. It’s very detailed.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the way to check if it is working. Take your push button and connect between GND and the inpu you want (in this case it is DI 4) Open your GCC and go to Digital inputs, If it work - the input will be checked

1603555087705.png

Sincerely Lasse

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the way to check if it is working. Take your push button and connect between GND and the inpu you want (in this case it is DI 4) Open your GCC and go to Digital inputs, If it work - the input will be checked

1603555087705.png

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks very much Lasse. No change registering there at all. So how do I figure out where the issue is?

Cheers, Tony

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly remark - you have to press the button and look the same time in order to see if you get a checkmark - but I suppose you got that :D You only see the checkmark when the digital input is active.

Sincerely Lasse

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back