7ab4df7805e4c23b974e84eb03e36002.jpg

Yea I got a nice one. This is when they where in qt

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What works in favor of having success is that there are a lot of fairies to disperse attention and aggression. The acclimation box will also help let the new one get settled.

However, what works against long term success, is that bigger, more aggressive species are in there first and are established. Also, lineatus and rubrimarginatus are closely related to rhomboidalis, so will have increased aggression.

Yes, there are always exceptions, but I would find it highly unlikely for all 7 to still be together in 2yrs.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What works in favor of having success is that there are a lot of fairies to disperse attention and aggression. The acclimation box will also help let the new one get settled.

However, what works against long term success, is that bigger, more aggressive species are in there first and are established. Also, lineatus and rubrimarginatus are closely related to rhomboidalis, so will have increased aggression.

Yes, there are always exceptions, but I would find it highly unlikely for all 7 to still be together in 2yrs.

Thank you for the info, i have a fish trap so when that time comes I’ll have to remove the aggressor to a new hone .

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the drip line going and an air stone going he seems calm just laying in corner with non stress colors been dripping for an hour going to let it drip a little longer
IMG_7537.jpg

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a top ? Lost bunch to jumping finally made a top left the top off for one day because didn’t like how it looked and my pin tail and pencil both jumped

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a top ? Lost bunch to jumping finally made a top left the top off for one day because didn’t like how it looked and my pin tail and pencil both jumped

I do but great advice these guys can launch themselves!!!

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK update, both rhomboid Wrasses have eaten well, the only home team fish showing a little aggression towards the box is the Labouti wrasse, keeps flaring at the box every once in a while and seems to be in a ticked off mood towards everyone else tonight which is not common for him!!

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will get that but they will be ok. It’s a beautiful thing to see them flashing.

Yes it’s is! What was also cool was the Labouti was coming up the the tiny Rhomboid female in the box and shooting strait to the surface trying to get her to follow him, I saw a documentary that fairy wrasses will do that trying to get the female to lay her eggs near the service so he can fertilize them, I tried to video tape it but he stopped after three times, now that was cool, funny the male Rhomboid came out of the pvc and kinda put an end to it lol

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone let’s call it Day 2, Supermale a little shy staying in the pvc most of the time but color looks great and he ate very well, female out all the time active and ate very well.

IMG_7549.jpg
IMG_7553.jpg
IMG_7559.jpg
IMG_7560.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back