OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Day 3 almost over and have seen no signs of aggression from anyone. I am going to let the Rhomboids out tonight about 2 hours before lights out.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it could have gone better, the Labouti was very aggressive that’s the only one turning on the Rhomboid male , the Labouti is seriously courting the female Rhomboid, so I’m thinking that adding the female causes issues, sorry ladies,, see what happens in the morning !!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that your in love I’ve been there [emoji23] but I fight it all my fish go in with lights out ever since I started qt’ing my fishes that’s one of the great things about have a qt or holding tank for me.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that your in love I’ve been there [emoji23] but I fight it all my fish go in with lights out ever since I started qt’ing my fishes that’s one of the great things about have a qt or holding tank for me.

Lol yeah,, got Love things that give you joy and don’t snap at you :)

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had my pair they loved black worms well all my wrasses loved it. Don’t know if you tried them yet.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had my pair they loved black worms well all my wrasses loved it. Don’t know if you tried them yet.

I have not maybe I’ll try some today, I feed 3 times a day usually fish eggs, pellets, then last feeding frozen krill etc the usual frozen cube stuff.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok update, this morning after last nights release still during lights on, the Labouti is the only one showing aggression towards female Rhomboid and one charge at the supermale. Male has found a spot in the rocks where he is comfortable and is comes in and out. Fed the tank everyone ate. The supermale is very passive and the Labouti has backed off because Rhomboid does not react to him and swim away which seems to give off the attack reaction from the Labouti, Rhomboid male just holding his ground. The female is awesome, she is tiny 1 inch barely and is out front hanging out eating everything she can and Labouti seems to be backing off of her. FYI the fish trap is ready if the Labouti needs to go in time out, I can catch him in less than 5 minutes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my guys a few months ago not all fairy's though there is a decent amount.

Awesome display!! How long have you had your Radiant wrasse, I can not keep them alive I have tried 3 times but once they hit the sand they don’t come out til it is about to die.

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome display!! How long have you had your Radiant wrasse, I can not keep them alive I have tried 3 times but once they hit the sand they don’t come out til it is about to die.
Thanks I've had him around 2 years got him when he was very small. I was concerned he would get aggressive once he got bigger but he only seems to chase my pin tail every once in a while nothing serious though.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I've had him around 2 years got him when he was very small. I was concerned he would get aggressive once he got bigger but he only seems to chase my pin tail every once in a while nothing serious though.

Glad to see somebody can keep them alive. That wrasse is very hard to keep, great job!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Bug! My Rhomboid is by far the most shy fairy wrasse I've ever kept. He's been in my system about 5 months and is still afraid of his own shadow. He's always out and about but if you happen to move fast while standing in front of the tank he darts behind a rock for a few seconds.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Bug! My Rhomboid is by far the most shy fairy wrasse I've ever kept. He's been in my system about 5 months and is still afraid of his own shadow. He's always out and about but if you happen to move fast while standing in front of the tank he darts behind a rock for a few seconds.

Thanks Salty, yeah he is a shy one here too!! I just trapped an aggressive big male anthias because he was not playing good with others(Rhomboid) back to LFS after two years.

OP
OP
B

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update,,, everyone seems to have settled in, everyone eating well, and Rhomboid male staring to come out with everyone !!!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 197 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 52 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back