Please Help my Torches are dying and im not sure why.

OP
OP
Shadows Reef

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hares the Link to my ICP test.
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/icp-oes/120442

Now just have to wait on my N-Doc

my Chromium and Silicon is very high, my iron is slightly high.

everything else on point.

I'm ordering a new replacement filter kit just in case its my RO/DI source since my last RO ICP test was months ago and lately my family been drinking my RO more than usual considering everyone is home all the time now.

I'm also getting a liter meter to keep track moving forward, I use to last about 6-8 months but now with everyone drinking my water that must have changed of course.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure I'd ever fully dip euphyllia in any dilution of H2O2. Or anything but zoas really. I used a plastic pipette and held the plug in one hand and dripped 3% hydrogen peroxide down the skeleton wall starting at the top. H2O2 wicks up to the edges of the flesh/top of the skeleton but that's it. I this for a few minutes then a quick rinse with tank water and that was it. I'm going to repeat this process every 2 or 3 days for a week or two now because whatever this is has returned and seems persistent.

Proteus Meep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you found a resolution but if not and it persists, Other dips worth considering would be.....

to make a dip of Chemiclean up (little known but very effective against bacterial infection)

For fungal issues I would dip in Fluconazole/Reef Flux

If success is seen with either of the dips above it then pinpoints it to bacterial or fungal and the beauty of the two dips is they can then be used tank wide to eradicate it from the system

If neither of the above dips worked I would then suspect a microscopic parasitic bug that I read about in a research paper somewhere back in time, that lives under the skin at the edge of LPS corals and consumes it from the edge inwards once its food source runs short it migrates onwards to other ....pastures :mad: because it lives under the skin it is difficult to treat but I would try a dip of Bayer if available in your country (not available here in the UK:(

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back