Please help! New tanks are crashing right off the bat!

OP
OP
Fish Fan

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense taken %.
We really are here for TBS customers not only before delivery but after. Your success and enjoyment from our products is the goal. Please reach out with any questions and I’m serious about the mantis. Let us know.
Thank you again for your reply! I really hope you weren't offended, in no way was I trying to bash you guys :) I guess I just didn't think to look your way for help with this, but I'm glad to know I can reach out to you as needed. Thank you again for your reply and help! Rock on!

OP
OP
Fish Fan

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I am like 99% sure I found the Mantis tonight :) I think I see the hole he's hiding in and super happy about that!

Honestly, I haven't done a water change since Friday night. I have two brands of test kits (API and Red Sea) telling me I have high levels of both ammonia and nitrite, but the tanks look great, everything seems happy and doing well, so I'm going to just go with it. I will likely do a 30-50% water change tomorrow, just so I don't lose my mind, but all-in-all I think the tanks are looking great. Perhaps I overreacted to my situation, but I was feeling super defeated yesterday morning when I started this thread. I'm now feeling better for sure.

Thanks for all the help and support, I really appreciate it!

Thrillik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had a similar experience, although it sounds like mine was worse because my tank had a horrific smell. Just did some rock scrubbing and was patient. Took a week or so, and ammonia never came back up. Also very happy with the TBS product and their customer service, but just wanted to say that you aren't alone with an ammonia spike.

OP
OP
Fish Fan

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had a similar experience, although it sounds like mine was worse because my tank had a horrific smell. Just did some rock scrubbing and was patient. Took a week or so, and ammonia never came back up. Also very happy with the TBS product and their customer service, but just wanted to say that you aren't alone with an ammonia spike.
Hey, thanks for the reply and shot of confidence! I am very grateful that I have no foul smells at all. I think the TBS rock and sand if fantastic! I want another maybe 8 pounds or so of their rock to round out these two tanks. I'm hoping my ammonia will go down soon and the tanks will settle out and I can stop freaking out about them lol!

Thanks again for your reply!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back