Please help sea horse

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please provide a FTS (Full tank shot) and your water temperature, along with your stocking list and what you plan to feed it. Also, how big is it and what is your plan if you get it healthy again?
It has 2 clowns in the tank which i said isn’t compatible with sea horses

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at your profile picture, it appears that you have damsels- very aggressive fish that will outcompete the seahorse for food. Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 4.05.32 PM.png

OP
OP
Viri221

Viri221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t have a reef tank and I can put my clowns in my qt tank that’s fine now on to the seahorse she has cuts on back and is not eating no one has given suggestions on that

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t have a reef tank and I can put my clowns in my qt tank that’s fine now on to the seahorse she has cuts on back and is not eating no one has given suggestions on that
What type of food do you have for it ? The sea horse isn’t going to eat the moment u add it to the tank

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you offering it to eat?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s sadly true.
If you can skip cycle a tank you can put the pony in there. And then keep the meds going.
The Clowns may not be a good match do that so a “hospital tank” is needed.

If the horse can get past the stress of the lfs attack’s it may rebound.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your coming off pretty aggressive for members trying to help you. It seems like your not liking the advice being given to actually help you. Next time I'd suggest doing research before putting a seahorse with inhabitants that don't coincide. You need to rehome your seahorse or the fish, pretty simple.

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your coming off pretty aggressive for members trying to help you. It seems like your not liking the advice being given to actually help you. Next time I'd suggest doing research before putting a seahorse with inhabitants that dont coincide. You need to rehome your seahorse or the fish, pretty simple.
doggothepuffer all over again?
o_O:confused:

OP
OP
Viri221

Viri221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well have her in a 10 bucket with 2 gals of water that I got her from the store put a air pump into the bucket added 1ml of stress coat added some of the rocks with the algae for comfort not going to acclimate to any of the tanks in my house none that could probably worsen the stress I will try to hand feed in an hour

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a chill folks. It’s not that bad and not that hard.
Temp means squat at this point and a lot of folks who apperanly have no experience with seahorses or hospitals are Giving pretty poor advice and frustrating the OP.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well have her in a 10 bucket with 2 gals of water that I got her from the store put a air pump into the bucket added 1ml of stress coat added some of the rocks with the algae for comfort not going to acclimate to any of the tanks in my house none that could probably worsen the stress I will try to hand feed in an hour
WHAT?! What type of food are you giving it???

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please post a full tank picture? Also, it will probably not eat as it is most likely very stressed.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good plan. If you can provide a small amout of flow in the bucket that’ll keep ammonia down.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pony will not eat. It will take time.

OP
OP
Viri221

Viri221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure your feelings will be fine she was free the store wasn’t doing anything to help so I offered it’s not a lose for me just trying to do something nice

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the bucket is deep enough, add tank water , not to acclimate but to add bacteria to the system and lower ammoina.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure your feelings will be fine she was free the store wasn’t doing anything to help so I offered it’s not a lose for me just trying to do something nice
I hope it works out. Give me a few I’ll try to get the pony folks or the link to the more active pony boards.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back