OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dunno. I only use the 1/4” tube compression fittings on all of my builds for the CO2 tubing connection. I keep a bunch of 1/4” ferrules on had should I ever need to change out the tubing.

Not sure if you saw my thread, but I have a walk through of a regulator build here...

I did find your thread and read through it, but was still having trouble with the parts. I'll continue reading.....

Thank you so much for your help!!

Last edited:

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your help with this! I did find your thread and read through it, but was still having trouble with the parts. I'll continue reading.....

Thank you so much for your help!!
He's wrong....
Mostly I've used Hoke products but swaglok is about the same..
You STILL need the correct tube size..

What aren't you getting?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fittings.JPG

How to go from compression to NPT see pic above.

You both got it all wrong IF you want to go from tube to NPT.

What I recommended works... you can go that route too if you want. Though I would never recommend brass parts with stainless steel parts. I’d find the stainless counterpart to the fitting you posted.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I recommended works... you can go that route too if you want. Though I would never recommend brass parts with stainless steel parts. I’d find the stainless counterpart to the fitting you posted.
Yea just add ss to the part number instead of b
You used the correct part here.. not sure what you were getting at w/ the other posts.
Only male vs female.. which one can get..
STILL need the correct tube size. They can be metric or US..Makes a difference in some cases though some metric sized fittings will take us tube sizes just fine.
tubes.JPG

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You used the correct part here.. not sure what you were getting at w/ the other posts.
tubes.JPG

The part you circled has MPT - your post above had a female 1/8" FPT.

Waterdogs works (after the part edit) but the fitting you posted had one less compression fitting to get from the 1/8" MPT - 1/8 compression..... I like it.... Thanks for the diagram. Seeing the nomenclature helps as well.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
STILL need the correct tube size. They can be metric or US..Makes a difference in some cases though some metric sized fittings will take us tube sizes just fine.
tubes.JPG

I can also accomplish that with a port connector and a NPT to tube fitting as well. When I search for parts, I go on eBay and pop in some terms. Whatever shows up first and fits, I post to try to help quickly. Either way works. Just trying to help is all. It isn’t wrong as you suggest though. Just sayin.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can also accomplish that with a port connector and a NPT to tube fitting as well. When I search for parts, I go on eBay and pop in some terms. Whatever shows up first and fits, I post to try to help quickly. Either way works. Just trying to help is all. It isn’t wrong as you suggest though. Just sayin.
Sorry if I sounded snippy.. long day.
And yea I know the ebay use what you can find cheap philosophy well.
Just less parts is ..less parts.
I've had to deal w/ metric to us, odd models of Hoke metering valves and all sorts of not fun things.
Fun in a sense, trying in another.

Hoke parts were easier to "decode" than the mess swaglok does.

More tubes and fittings make it much easier to make it "pretty" though than dealing w/ npt alignment which I never got a hang of.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So spent another minute on this and figured it was a Nupro metering valve. Not a lot of help and actually sort of obvious.
fun stuff.. but what are they, exactly.. :)

nuclear products company.. funny.

Last edited:

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the hex nipple and elbow pieces that you have, build out the post body like this... except for the metering valve, the one pictured is an angled valve, yours is a standard valve.

C00C5F39-C67A-4DFC-8066-E4ED3CC02378.jpeg
CA383BF7-0CEA-4E57-818F-1BCEFA13A06A.jpeg

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the hex nipple and elbow pieces that you have, build out the post body like this... except for the metering valve, the one pictured is an angled valve, yours is a standard valve.

C00C5F39-C67A-4DFC-8066-E4ED3CC02378.jpeg

Oh jeez, sorry... this post was supposed to be a PM to someone that I’m helping with a current build. Not sure how I ended up posting it on this thread.

Wanted to test before I updated, but haven't gotten around to it. Got the parts right first try thanks to your help. Finished product.... Almost exactly per your recommendation above.

35C571E3-C0F7-4E13-851C-F15FD9F08DD6.jpeg

Your regulator looks great BTW! :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back