Please ID this acro

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all serious I am betting it is a tricolor that has been through rough times and the color you are seeing is new growth. Notice how the base is faded/light green, this happens under stress and poor parameters. I have had a few tricolors that were browned out and they get a nice orange color with the purple/blue tips. Like others said, you really need to wait till it grows and then it will show its true colors and structure, unless you have a picture of the colony that your friend has.

OP
OP
Duddits

Duddits

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too crazy about fragging it just yet. It was only about 1/2" to 3/4" when I got it back in December. It's just now really starting to show its colors and style. I'm looking forward to it growing out. When it does, I'll frag it out then but unsure how much the frags will be. I'm more interested in trading the. Selling to be honest.

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm more interested in trading the. Selling to be honest.

If you're going to be honest when selling or trading then avoid using show names that already refer to another coral. Telling someone that it is something more than what it is just to get more money out of it is the most dishonest things i see when it comes to trading and selling frags. If it looks good and people can see that for themselves you can put top dollar on it.

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be an acropora nana or a tort-
Is it similar to any of these?
IMG_2275.jpg
IMG_2271.jpg

OP
OP
Duddits

Duddits

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're going to be honest when selling or trading then avoid using show names that already refer to another coral. Telling someone that it is something more than what it is just to get more money out of it is the most dishonest things i see when it comes to trading and selling frags. If it looks good and people can see that for themselves you can put top dollar on it.

I never claimed what it was hence the title "Please ID this acro". For what I've seen and researched it looked like an RR avenger acropora. I'm not interested in looking for top dollar. I got it in a trade and I'm looking to do the same, but not willing to hand over a nice frag for some common polyps or mushrooms.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back