PLease ID this bug.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cherub
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
1,442
Reaction score
1,899
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a crap ton of these "pods" in my frag tank. Everything is closing up! I have no idea where they came from nor do I know if they're good or bad but they are all over my frags and not letting them open. Sorry for the bad pic. Best I could do with my lens.

aa.jpg
 
They look like juvenile amphipods. They are not bad, but they can become a nuisance in large numbers like you have. A melanarus wrasse or other type would make quick order of them.
 
ok thanks. they had so many legs i wasnt sure what the heck lol
 
anyone else? Lost some hornets and I cant stick a wrasse in a frag tank. it will just jump out
 
they are pods get a scooter bleny ot a mandarin they will eat all of them
 
Just looks like Copepods to me. Do you have any fish in the tank? My tanks usually do that after cycling but before adding any fish. Even a damsel will help keep them in check.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new