Please identify this rogue coral or nem

MisterrBee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
51
Location
Kent, England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I noticed this small pink coral when I bought a mushroom on a rock about 3 weeks ago. I always thought it was a zoa until it had moved out of his normal spot this morning. I imagine it's some sort of anemone seeing as it has moved. Can anyone identify it please.
1000029114.jpg
 
it looks like a mulnourished bta..
Is it malnourished or a baby? It has generally lived just poking it's head out of the crack its in. I'll look up how to care for it. I'm a bit worried it will move round my tank killing corals.
 
Is it malnourished or a baby? It has generally lived just poking it's head out of the crack its in. I'll look up how to care for it. I'm a bit worried it will move round my tank killing corals.
BTAs don't do babys - they split, normal sizeable BTA that split would be far larger.. BTA the size of a grapefruit - is usually a normal BTA that shrunk over time due to lack of food.. I had one in my tank that re-appeared after been missing for 4 months.

You can nurture it back by giving it a small piece of food (e.g. small piece of frozen shrimp) once a week or so. It will be long before this BTA would be considered any threat to corals. BTAs also don't sting mushrooms or zoas (and maybe other soft corals).
 
BTAs don't do babys - they split, normal sizeable BTA that split would be far larger.. BTA the size of a grapefruit - is usually a normal BTA that shrunk over time due to lack of food.. I had one in my tank that re-appeared after been missing for 4 months.

You can nurture it back by giving it a small piece of food (e.g. small piece of frozen shrimp) once a week or so. It will be long before this BTA would be considered any threat to corals. BTAs also don't sting mushrooms or zoas (and maybe other soft corals).
Good to know. Much appreciated!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new