Please tell me this isn't ich

FriedReef TV

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2019
Messages
120
Reaction score
131
Location
Peachtree City
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this clownfish about week ago and these spots are new, please tell me this isn't ich. if it is what do I do??
1549056915625.jpeg
20190201_163511.jpeg
 
I've moved this to the fish disease forum for you to get some expert eyes on it, but it does appear to be ich or the start of brook
 
are you sure? also, how do I treat
Early Brook often initially presents like Ich or Velvet. Take a look at the pictures in the link KJ posted. You'll see Early, and later pictures of Brook's progression. Scroll down and you will see Humblefish's full treatment advisory on Brook.
 
Early Brook often initially presents like Ich or Velvet. Take a look at the pictures in the link KJ posted. You'll see Early, and later pictures of Brook's progression. Scroll down and you will see Humblefish's full treatment advisory on Brook.
it looks kind of like the picture but more like little salt grains under his skin, I'm pretty sure it's ich now
 
it looks kind of like the picture but more like little salt grains under his skin, I'm pretty sure it's ich now
how would I go about giving him a freshwater dip? I have an extra 5 gallon tank I think I'm gonna use as a hospital but I don't have a filter for it just an extra wavemaker.
 
you can just get a super cheapo HOB filter from petco or amazon, heck even wall mart. it don't have to be fancy at all. you would also need a heater for hospital tank, obviously. for fresh water dips i just clip a tupperware container to the side of my QT tank and let the tank water heat the tupperware water (like floating a bag with new fish).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new