OP
OP
J

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not doing well. Noticed her picking at a clam, thought I finally had her, but it didn’t last. BRS orders normally take 2 days thought it would be here today, but tracking says Wed for the mastic to arrive. dang

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clam usually works, maybe Weds will bring good things. No live food options available from a LFS in your area? Brine, blackworms?

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with everyone about clams - it is good that it picked at the clam some. You might try live black worms again to see if this time the wriggling gets a response. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately got home from work and she has passed. This is painful, what a beautiful fish. Thankfully I can’t remember the last time I lost a fish. Really frustrating that no live foods are available locally anymore. Heck I couldn’t even find brine shrimp eggs.
Thanks to all that offered advice

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your loss of the butterfly. I too live in a area where I have to order many foods & meds. - it is more challenging/ stressful. You tried a large variety of foods. Good luck in future.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately got home from work and she has passed. This is painful, what a beautiful fish. Thankfully I can’t remember the last time I lost a fish. Really frustrating that no live foods are available locally anymore. Heck I couldn’t even find brine shrimp eggs.
Thanks to all that offered advice
Sorry for your loss. It is frustrating.

I will add this about live foods - I have made a habit of including live foods in every feeding, and keep a culture of blackworms going continuously. It isn't really that hard, and the fish seem to be doing better as a result. You can search for "blackworm culture" on R2R, and you'll see various approaches to building a setup to keep them alive. If you have the room, it might be worth taking a shot at growing your own.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back