pls help, butterfly not eating

  • Thread starter Thread starter jacksin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Not doing well. Noticed her picking at a clam, thought I finally had her, but it didn’t last. BRS orders normally take 2 days thought it would be here today, but tracking says Wed for the mastic to arrive. dang
 
The clam usually works, maybe Weds will bring good things. No live food options available from a LFS in your area? Brine, blackworms?
 
Agree with everyone about clams - it is good that it picked at the clam some. You might try live black worms again to see if this time the wriggling gets a response. Good luck.
 
Unfortunately got home from work and she has passed. This is painful, what a beautiful fish. Thankfully I can’t remember the last time I lost a fish. Really frustrating that no live foods are available locally anymore. Heck I couldn’t even find brine shrimp eggs.
Thanks to all that offered advice
 
Sorry about your loss of the butterfly. I too live in a area where I have to order many foods & meds. - it is more challenging/ stressful. You tried a large variety of foods. Good luck in future.
 
Unfortunately got home from work and she has passed. This is painful, what a beautiful fish. Thankfully I can’t remember the last time I lost a fish. Really frustrating that no live foods are available locally anymore. Heck I couldn’t even find brine shrimp eggs.
Thanks to all that offered advice
Sorry for your loss. It is frustrating.

I will add this about live foods - I have made a habit of including live foods in every feeding, and keep a culture of blackworms going continuously. It isn't really that hard, and the fish seem to be doing better as a result. You can search for "blackworm culture" on R2R, and you'll see various approaches to building a setup to keep them alive. If you have the room, it might be worth taking a shot at growing your own.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new