Plumbing an already established reef tank.

  • Thread starter Thread starter JR_Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JR_Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2018
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

First post here on Reef2Reef, love the content!

I've recently decided to I wanted to add a manifold into my system as well as change the routing of my return plumbing. My main concern is the PVC glue/fumes polluting the water column and killing all my coral. I know people say wait 24-48 hours for the glue to "Cure" but in past experience there is still a lingering smell of glue fumes even after that amount of time. If there is still a fume smell is everything safe to be plumbed into the rest of the system? I'm assuming no, but how is it possible to put everything together and ensure it is safe and ready?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new