Plumbing gone brittle?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

zoanutty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was the happy and proud owner of a Red Sea 250 Reefer up until recently. In fact, I was SO happy that I recently purchased another 250!

To explain my issue, the down pipe started leaking this week. I tried to tighten it (and the other 2 in case they were also loose), but then ALL of the pipes started leaking! Upon further inspection I noticed that every single fitting is falling apart!

Now, I understand wear and tear, but this tank was bought brand new in its box a few years ago, and has never been moved! The fittings have never been removed, yet they are all faulty. I currently cannot afford to replace each of these plumbing parts, as they each cost quite a bit of money, and they should not have broken apart after only a few years of undisturbed use.

I thought about replacing them with regular pvc parts, but since Red Sea glues their bulkhead directly to the glass, I can't seem to find any parts that fit. ANY THOUGHTS??? My reef tank is currently running with only a powerhead and a blubbler!

pipe1.jpg pipe2.jpg pipe3.jpg pipe4.jpg pipe5.jpg pipe6.jpg pipe7.jpg pipe8.jpg

czynot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like you over tighten the union. just hand tight is good. no need for Teflon tape on the barb end, it have oring.

This place have them all.
If below link dont work. go here. https://www.marineandreef.com/

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back