plumbing help for VarioS-4 return pump on Reefer 170

  • Thread starter Thread starter SFREEF3R
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SFREEF3R

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2020
Messages
255
Reaction score
207
Location
San Francisco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use some help finding simplest way to attach this return.

The Reefer 170 return line is a 5/8" ID tube (*I think*)

The VarioS 4 has a few different options a 1" slip PVC fitting and an 1" barb fitting (which can be reduced to 3/4" barb)

Trying to find the simplest/cleanest way to do this. Any help would be appreciated from those of you with more plumbing experience.
 
I’m want to use the 5/8” tube but trying to find the most efficient way to connect. At this point I’m thinking of using the 1” Slip union supplied with the Varios and connecting it to a 1” spigot x 3/4” FPT fitting. I can then get a 5/8” barb X 3/4” MPT fitting to connect to that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new