Plumbing help

appacalypse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have a question regarding how to plumb my overflow box that has 2 drains with my Trigger systems 26 that only has one place for the drain. (I attached images for clarification)

Could you perhaps walk me through how I would plumb this? (Pictures would be great)

Thank you.

Screenshot_20200220-173001.png Screenshot_20200220-172921.png

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If one stand pipe is higher then the other then it’s most likely an emergency drain. If your doing hard plumbing, you can just make a pipe that dumps into another section of the sump. This drain (if it’s an emergency drain) will only have water in the event other pipe gets clogged. So having it plumbed to another section should make it loud when it is in use- alerting you to a problem- most likely main drain is clogged.

hope that helps. But keep in mind I could be totally wrong lol. Let’s see what others say. Good luck
P.S: look forward to seeing your build.

Last edited:
OP
OP
appacalypse

appacalypse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If one stand pipe is higher then the other then it’s most likely an emergency drain. If your doing hard plumbing, you can just make a pipe that dumps into another section of the sump. This drain (if it’s an emergency drain) will only have water in the event other pipe gets clogged. So having it plumbed to another section should make it loud when it is in use- alerting you to a problem- most likely main drain is clogged.

hope that helps. But keep in mind I could be totally wrong lol. Let’s see what others say. Good luck
P.S: look forward to seeing your build.

Is it an emergency drain though? I though it needed both drains to be able to drain at the specified gph (1200)

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need 1200 gallons an hour. 5 times your DT per hour is generally recommended. If you want to use both, you might be able to use a tee.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you be running a fuge? Once it is up you can have the second pipe dump directly into it. Chaeto will filter the water for you. Until the chaeto grows in, you can tie a filter sock to the pipe.

OP
OP
appacalypse

appacalypse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you be running a fuge? Once it is up you can have the second pipe dump directly into it. Chaeto will filter the water for you. Until the chaeto grows in, you can tie a filter sock to the pipe.
Yes.. I actually have a fuge now...

DA128136-DC7B-4EA4-B29F-A21394BDDB3B.jpeg

Max Aquatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ran into the same problem with my tank i have the esshops eclipse L over flow and had to run 2 drains with 1 emergency. if you did want both to be drains you can plumb it this way
IMG-1762.jpg
IMG-1756.jpg

sorry not the best pics but the secondary drain runs into the top cutout of the filter sock holder. i used 1in street L 90 and a short piece for inside the main drain compartment then another regular 90 off of that. then its how ever you want to plumb the rest of your set up. just make sure the pieces going thru the cut out are just friction fitted incase you ever have to remove them. still plenty of room to remove filter socks too. on the other hand running the second pipe as a emergency is always a good idea. hope this helps you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back