Plumbing return size

fishstix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing from sump to returns.

Out of the pump and sump is 1.25" PVC, and the same with my manifold. Then it goes into a WYE to both sides of the tank. Should I keep it at 1.25 inch or go down to 1"? The size has to drop anyway on each return because of my 1" flow sensor, and then the bulkhead going into the tank is 1", which goes to 3/4 loc-line

The pump is Abzyy 200

Thanks

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can if your splitting your return from 1.25" to 1". Are you splitting the return to have 2 outlets to the display tank or is one to the Dp and other elsewhere?
Also, you can use a 1" to a 3/4" threaded reducer to attach the locline to.

OP
OP
F

fishstix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am going 1.25 from the pump to the manifold using a T. From that T is a wye, that splits to the returns. I have a return on each side.

Off of the 1" bulkhead on each side is a 1" flow sensor. So from the flow sensor back to the wye do I use 1.25 down to the wye or should I just use 1". Either way it will have to be reduced. Just does the extra 3 feet of 1.25 help anything?

Thanks

1WildBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am going 1.25 from the pump to the manifold using a T. From that T is a wye, that splits to the returns. I have a return on each side.

Off of the 1" bulkhead on each side is a 1" flow sensor. So from the flow sensor back to the wye do I use 1.25 down to the wye or should I just use 1". Either way it will have to be reduced. Just does the extra 3 feet of 1.25 help anything?

Thanks
No. Use the 1.25 up to the manifold. Reduce it coming out of the manifold to the bulkhead.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back