Plz help my tank is so cloudy

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You could also use just this one and splice it inline with the extension cable, im a bit of a diy guy myself

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not very handy good info y’all ty I’m gonna buy one I like the idea of the drill a hole thing but I’m just not handy at all lol n plugged it where? Maybe I can hire someone to do I’m worried a lot of wires down there overflow and I’m screwed by the wife also chance for a fire

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new k3 look promising as it is just the same design as the reef octopus, lol, patent must have ran out. wat do you think about the k3-100 vs k3-200? Just a different design type wanted to hear your input though
R these know to overflow ? I have space I’ll buy it right now lol

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new k3 look promising as it is just the same design as the reef octopus, lol, patent must have ran out. wat do you think about the k3-100 vs k3-200? Just a different design type wanted to hear your input though
Don’t you need a sump? That don’t look like a hang on lol

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a Tunze Comline doc skimmer. It hangs inside the tank, so it cannot overflow. That’s what I have and it does a good job.
Just looked at these very interested!! Review look sick also I might go with this one we got a winner ty man

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t you need a sump? That don’t look like a hang on lol
it is hang on back, for tunze comline you need a constant level for skimming, i would put it in this if doing in tank without sump or an aquaclear mod

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is hang on back, for tunze comline you need a constant level for skimming, i would put it in this if doing in tank without sump or an aquaclear mod
Why does everyone keep bringing this up instead of a skimmer? Isn’t it for growing like pods n stuff I guess it just makes more beneficial bacteria?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does everyone keep bringing this up instead of a skimmer? Isn’t it for growing like pods n stuff I guess it just makes more beneficial bacteria?
It is because the tunze skimmer needs to be operated at a constant water level height, as well as you wanting mechanical filtration before it so that it doesnt become clogged within a week. If you put it straight into the tank it will most likely clog and have issues due to water level fluctuations

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the refugium box or aquaclear give you the ability to mount the tunze comline in a place with mechanical filtration and a constant water height

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is because the tunze skimmer needs to be operated at a constant water level height, as well as you wanting mechanical filtration before it so that it doesnt become clogged within a week. If you put it straight into the tank it will most likely clog and have issues due to water level fluctuations
We’ll I definitely don’t want that dang I’m about to just buy a new tank with a sump n everything

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Single cell algae the best filter man never made. Why levels are low. Adds oxygen and removes CO2 when lights are on. Opposite when not.

Best way to remove it is with a diatom filter. Marineland has a polishing filter that will solve this quicker than UV and will remove all particulates at the same time. Search YouTube.

Number one cause for green water is lights on too long. High nutrients will also ignite it. Not the end of the world. No need to panic. Will naturally clean your water.Could hatch out some brine shrimp and dump them in. Those not eaten will grow and you'll have supply of food until the filter is acquired. Just aerate water at night as it will compete for oxygen and add CO2.

I've used green water in fresh to keep Oscar fish happy. Fed 8-10 times per day. Doubled in size before tearing the tank down a few months in. Chinese have used this to keep Koi at times.

Have considered keeping corals in green water as I can then maintain a constant supply of pods, rotifers and brine shrimp. Perhaps less par needed when overfed my theory.

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Single cell algae the best filter man never made. Why levels are low. Adds oxygen and removes CO2 when lights are on. Opposite when not.

Best way to remove it is with a diatom filter. Marineland has a polishing filter that will solve this quicker than UV and will remove all particulates at the same time. Search YouTube.

Number one cause for green water is lights on too long. High nutrients will also ignite it. Not the end of the world. No need to panic. Will naturally clean your water.Could hatch out some brine shrimp and dump them in. Those not eaten will grow and you'll have supply of food until the filter is acquired. Just aerate water at night as it will compete for oxygen and add CO2.

I've used green water in fresh to keep Oscar fish happy. Fed 8-10 times per day. Doubled in size before tearing the tank down a few months in. Chinese have used this to keep Koi at times.

Have considered keeping corals in green water as I can then maintain a constant supply of pods, rotifers and brine shrimp. Perhaps less par needed when overfed my theory.
Interesting you brought up dumping brine shrimp….I just got live brine shrimp to give my fish a treat As I used to do it every week with my old tank….I wondered if any survived??? Could they live in the tank??

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oscar just grow huge also lol I had them when I was 10 sick fish but I’m not down for keeping the tank green no matter what benefits it may have lol heck no

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!! I’m seeing a huge difference in clarity! I can see my rocks and fish n the corals survived all of them! Idk if this is due to my 20% water change or the algae green killing machine….I do think the water changes had a bigger impact but I think also this little 50 dollar machine might be helping….I’m not sure but waters better y’all!

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed tho 3 fish have ich that’s another issue I don’t have a qt tank but I can beat ich I’ve done it for years just gonna feed them till they fall over and usually they live….ty for help y’all

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back