Plz help my tank is so cloudy

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting you brought up dumping brine shrimp….I just got live brine shrimp to give my fish a treat As I used to do it every week with my old tank….I wondered if any survived??? Could they live in the tank??
Brine shrimp can be cultivated in phyto. They'll mature and lay eggs which will hatch and don't need to be dried. Assuming the fish didn't eat them all.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!! I’m seeing a huge difference in clarity! I can see my rocks and fish n the corals survived all of them! Idk if this is due to my 20% water change or the algae green killing machine….I do think the water changes had a bigger impact but I think also this little 50 dollar machine might be helping….I’m not sure but waters better y’all!
Green killing amchine will get it done. Nothing more than a UV.

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green killing amchine will get it done. Nothing more than a UV.
I think it’s definitely working question if I unplug the pump for alittle bc it produces a lot of extra flow will the uv still work? Might be dumb but the light stays on and it’s a whole other outlet but I’m guessing you need the pump on at the same time to run water thru it? I like to turn the pump off to give my hammers alil less flow some hours of the day

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s definitely working question if I unplug the pump for alittle bc it produces a lot of extra flow will the uv still work? Might be dumb but the light stays on and it’s a whole other outlet but I’m guessing you need the pump on at the same time to run water thru it? I like to turn the pump off to give my hammers alil less flow some hours of the day
Need flow through the UV but doesn't need to run 24/7.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool ty it makes some flow for alittle thing …do you have one?? I’m noticing clearer water every day wonder when it peaks lol
Don’t close the UV. Can you post a picture of the tank in its current state?

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool ty it makes some flow for alittle thing …do you have one?? I’m noticing clearer water every day wonder when it peaks lol
Bought one a few years ago but never deployed it. More convenient than running a traditional UV although today there are other hang on the back options that might be stronger.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back