Pocillopora encrusts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
8,365
Reaction score
25,182
Location
Hong Kong
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does pocillopora encrust? I’ve had some small frags for quite a few months now. When they were given to me, the bottoms were white and dead. Now the stalks have grown fuzzy and I’m wondering if they encrust like a lot of SPS do.
93047E53-65F6-4543-9198-E7BE45309C38.jpeg
 
I've had a pocillopora for about a year now and still no encrusting. I'm following along cause I got acros, montis, etc. all going nuts and this thing is just sitting there.
 
My green ones do & I wish I’ve never put one in my tank. The purple ones not really and they’re easier to keep at bay.
what kind of light/flow? I'm about to just stick this thing on the sand. It's next to a bunch of my montis and doesn't do anything.
 
what kind of light/flow? I'm about to just stick this thing on the sand. It's next to a bunch of my montis and doesn't do anything.
It doesn’t really matter IMO. These are the most hardy SPS corals ever, and they even grow fine under kalk paste and in darkness
 
Never seen them do that much encrusting. They do, however, love to spawn and take over a tank...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new