Pokpo Genesis External Overflow System

TheReefArchitect

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon All,

I thought a quick post regarding this product may help people with the same issues I faced.

Having moved from a fully planted freshwater setup I was desperate to keep the original tank and stand (Evolution Aqua Aquascaper 900) 1. To save money 2. I like the overall appearance of a somewhat ‘shallow’ reef tank. Long term I was always wanting to run a sump, to hide equipment and offer a larger water volume. Drilling the tank crossed my mind for all of 2seconds and decided that I’d use my canister filter until I could think of something.

Then came the researching into overflow boxes and devices.. I somehow managed to stumble across the Pokpo Genesis. A rather unique product that offers quote: power off protection. The product is supplied as a semi diy setup - all the pieces for you to build yourself. Inc. several lengths of pipwork & fittings and 2no. siphon chambers. It’s these chambers that help create, stop and also restart the siphon and move water from the display tank to the sump. Should power switch off the siphon breaks (as a normal overflow box) however when the power switches back on, it’s the chambers in turn with a small airline hose that restart the siphon until the tank reaches a certain level.

Please note: other than the instructions and a limited amount of info online I have no real idea how the product works... Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can wade in on that one?

The kit is rated between 2500l - 5000l depending on how the kit is setup. If you choose to run between 2500 & 5000l you will have to setup your own return line as both chambers and all pipwork is used in them overflow part of things.

I only need to run around 2000lph so I could get away with using one siphon chamber and using the leftover pipe work for the return... but I’m not 100% sure.

That is basically the very very limited basics of the product. I’ll be updating to show how this progresses.. I’ll be cutting and fitting to my tank as soon as the pvc cement arrives.

I’ll hopefully remember to keep you updated throughout the build and hopefully I can set it up and answer any questions you guys may have.

Just a side note.... I haven’t been keeping marine tanks all that long, maybe 8months total but after setting up a nano I quickly caught the bug and needed a bigger tank. So bear with me, this is in no way an experienced review or offering people advice.. just adding more information to a product that seems to tick all the boxes. It obviously doesn’t help that the product hasn’t been marketed the same way as others and the company is somewhat rather small and hasn’t got any big international stockists.

The only place I could find it in was Australia so fast forward 4 or so weeks the item arrived to me in the uk

Please see attached out the box photos and more will follow

17F90C78-F3FC-4C33-956B-476A2E62A588.jpeg F8C5C76F-9A5C-4430-8055-6DB9FF6F681A.jpeg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pokpo ..... same guy who made the pocket fisherman …..

Back